A vacancy has arisen in the UK Finance department in the Accounts Receivable team. As a Sales Reconciliation Co-worker, you will be responsible for reconciling cash (safe) to sales on a daily basis, investigating and analysing all differences to ensure that accurate data is booked into the accounting system. This role also plays a part in securing a high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to accounting process. This is done via supporting the stores, together with the Accounting and Reporting team to optimise the routines and handling for the end-to-end process. You will be expected to work 39 hrs per week, Monday-Friday. IKEA is taking a flexible approach of working in the office and working from home with an expected minimum of 8 days per month in the office from November.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure correct input data is received in order to perform the reconciliation.
- Provide pro-active solutions to issues and look for better ways of working.
- Secure authorization and follow up by store Business Navigation
- Perform daily Cash (safe) and sales reconciliation per store including obtaining information from systems, reconciling and investigating all differences
- Support the Global SAREC team in improving the process.
- Support tax analysis as and when required.
- Apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
- Actively take part in finance meetings.
- Secure high quality, standard and efficient customer payment to accounting process ensuring that all reasons for differences are fully analyzed and actions taken to improve the process.
- Support Ad hoc finance projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Good command of MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Studying towards a qualification in Finance & Accounting would be desirable or studying towards one
- Experience working in a multicultural and multinational organization
- Min. 1-2 years of reconciliation experience (desirable)
- Good understanding of the receive payment process/cash flow
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A