IKEA Birmingham are looking to welcome new Visual Merchandising & Activities Co-worker to their Interior Design team!
We are looking for people who are driven to provide inspiration to our customers by demonstrating their knowledge of life at home and how the IKEA product range can solve their furniture, storage and organisational needs.
You should have a relevant visual merchandising qualification alongside a background in working in a Visual Merchandising for a minimum of 2 years within a home furnishing environment. You can proficiently use RevIT, or a similar package.
- Stay up to date with knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
needs of life at home.
- Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Comm&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results.
- Fast pace and physically demanding environment
- Use the knowledge of people’s needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor’s expectations.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimise disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Challenging your team and yourself in order to strengthen the IKEA Brand and at the same time exceed the expectations of customers.
- You have an education in visual merchandising or industrial design and experience of working as a visual merchandiser.
- Continually seeking new opportunities to make improvements in the way we work and encouraging your team to do the same.
- You are able to inspire, motivate and engage people fully to reach set goals, and generate growth and long-term profitability.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A