We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. Currently, we are going through a transition period preparing for a new system rollout. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better! It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to achieve our business goals. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to our team.
Within Finance the purpose of Accounting is to accurately and correctly record all transactions into CODA for the P&L and the Balance Sheet. Producing reconciliations, and ensuring that the bookings made are compliant with Group rules and legal GAAPs for local legislations. You will be responsible for ensuring that the bookings accurately reflect reality in the stores. You will take ownership to liaise with the units to gain an understanding of operational processes affecting the accounts.
- Responsible for accurately book all transactions into CODA (accounting software) relating to the specific areas of responsibility, producing timely and accurate reconciliations of all accounts in their control at each period end.
- Responsible to work with stores/units to analyze and understand that unit’s results and then work with the relevant BNOM answering any queries they may have on that unit.
- Provide SSC (Shared Service Centre) with accurate and timely KPIs to help provide regular feedback to improve accuracy.
- Post VAT adjustments correctly and on time.
- Provide a complete and comprehensive tax analysis for corporation tax returns.
- Pro-actively challenge and look for better ways of working by reviewing existing month-end processes to gain efficiencies.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams in Finance and the wider business, working with them actively to seek better ways of working.
- Apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
- Take ownership of one of the three specialisms in the Accounting Function – either Payroll, Treasury or Tax. Ensuring all deadlines are met, tasks are completed, and being the main point of contact for the relevant topic within the finance team.
- Support the wider Finance team in tasks.
Qualification & Experience:
- A finance-related degree would be beneficial and/or studying towards an accounting qualification
- Self-reliant and self-motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a remote team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use virtual communication tools
- Ability to handle multiple topics and re-prioritise at short notice
- Ability to work efficiently and build relationships with stakeholders in a virtual environment
- Experience from a busy General Ledger accounting department is essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Warrington, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A